Founded in 2020, Passage is led by a decentralized team of veterans in ecommerce, web3, and virtual production.
Combining a creative background with technical problem-solving, the team has a track record of building digital environments and niche experiential events for consumer audiences.
• Arel Avellino, CEO: 7-figure serial entrepreneur who has led both marketing and operations at Passage. Arel is a storyteller, problem solver, and gamification nerd with experience spanning film, e-commerce, and blockchain.
• Lex Avellino, Founder & Chief Creative Officer: Over a decade in virtual production and digital experiences. Lex has a deep technical and creative background, having led a creative studio and worked with clients like Warner Brothers, Capitol Records, Marvel, and Red Bull.
• Mike Cianni, CTO: Experienced software developer who has built scalable, accessible, standards compliant websites and mobile apps. Mike has led Passage development since the platform’s early days.
• Ryan Dolinsky, Chief Product Officer: Senior product owner with years of product development experience. A Riot Games vet, Ryan produced augmented reality (AR) for the World Championships, which reached over 75 million people.
• Bryana Kortendick, Chief Communications Officer: Experienced across marketing, operations, comms, and PR in Web3. Bryana has led campaigns for a wide range of blockchain-related product launches, initiatives, partnerships, and funding rounds.
Passage is also advised by its former CEO and current board member, Caleb Applegate, whose executive career spans decades in blockchain, gaming, and entertainment.